The Gruppo Ormeggiatori del Porto di Ravenna was founded in Ravenna in 1973 and was converted into a cooperative on 1 August 1992.
Thanks to the agreement between the Mooring Men Italian Association ANGOPI and our colleagues from the port of Rotterdam KRVE, Mooring Men from Ravenna, together with other Italian port’s Mooring Men take part in highly skill demanding off-shore operations abroad.
Among the others, taking part in the towage of the Adriatic LNG Terminal from Algeciras to Porto Levante Italy, surely must be mentioned.
Together with the Mooring Groups of Chioggia and Venice we deliver mooring services to the LNG Carriers berthing at the Adriatic LNG regasifier.
- Mooring and unmooring of ships in the port and at off-shore terminals
- Shifting of ships from one quay to another
- Shifting of vessels along the wharf
- Strengthening moorings and laying lines
- Positioning of dead weights
- Shifting of pontoons to embark off-shore platforms releasing and untangling anchors
- Mooring and unmooring on buoys and dolphins
- Ship-on-ship mooring and unmooring with boatmen on board vessels and on the wharf
- Entry and exit from dry-docks
- Perpendicular and/or bow mooring
- Seafarer services on board ships and floating vessels as partial or total replacement of crew members
- Monitoring and strengthening of mooring lines with personnel on board seized ships